Leaf pick-up is scheduled to begin in October 2013 by the Department of Public Works. Pictured above: the leaf vacuum truck will be in service until the end of February 2014 or as determined by the supervisor.
During Leaf Season (October - February), please follow these instructions for pick up:
1. Leaves should be raked/blown within 10 feet of the street or curb. Long rows are better than large piles.
2. Loose leaves will be picked up quicker than bagged leaves. If you bag your leaves, the vacuum truck cannot be used and the brush crew will have to collect at a later time.
3. Do not mix your leaves with brush, junk or any other materials.
4. Do not pile your leaves around power poles, telephone and cable pedestals, or over water meters or sewer manholes. This machine will suck the lids off and damage the machine.
5. Be patient, early in the season, leaf pick up will move quickly around the City, but as the leaves begin to accumulate pick up will slow. Try to get your leaves out early for the first or second neighborhood sweep.
Extra benefit for recycling: Many City residents use our “pulverized leaf material” for mulch/ground cover around trees, flowers beds and garden areas. If you would like to have this material dumped in your yard, please call: Department of Public Works Phone (864) 653-2053.