In order to obtain a permit, you must...
- Determine the zoning of the property to assure the proposed use is permitted by City code.
- Submit survey of property
- Show proposed building and/or addition
- Submit 2 sets of construction drawings
- Submit completed Building Permit application
- Pay Plan Review fee (if applicable)
- Submit Grading Application/Fee (if applicable)
- Submit Driveway Encroachment Permit (if applicable)
- Plans Reviewed by City staff
- Required changes to plans provided to applicant if necessary
- Revise plans submitted/reviewed/approved
- Impact fees paid
- Business license is required for all contractors (documentation is required)
- Building permit fee paid
- Permit issued
- Required inspections (foundation, rough-in, and final-plus others as needed)
- Specialty permits applications for electrical, plumbing, and mechanical
- Fees assessed for each
- Business license is required for specialty contractors prior to permits being issued
- Inspections required
- Once all work is completed and approved, a Certificate of Occupancy (CO) is issued
The process outlined is basic in nature. Commercial and multi-family projects generally require additional steps and/or documentation. Please call to discuss your project as soon as possible.
Click here to download permit applications and a permit fee schedule.