FOR IMMEDlATE RELEASE
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Jimmy Dixon, Chief of Police (W) 864-624-2006, (C) 864-643-6229
CLEMSON CITY POLICE DEPARTMENT
KIDNAPPING / ATTEMPTED ARMED ROBBERY
During the evening of July 12,20 I I officers of the Clemson City Police Department
responded to a report of a kidnapping which began within the City Limits of Clemson.
Known at this time:
- The victim, a 19 year old white female was exiting the BiLo Store located on
- Highway 93 in the City of Clemson at or around 9:20pm on July 12,201 I.
- The victim was approached by an unknown black male and asked her for a ride.
- When the victim refused the subject presented a weapon (handgun) telling the
- victim not to scream and ordered her to her vehicle.
- The subject forced the victim to drive him towards Anderson on Highway 76.
- The victim was told to drive to an ATM off highway 76 in the Pendleton area and
- to retrieve an undetermined amount of cash from the ATM for the subject.
- Following the ATM withdrawal, the victim was forced to drive the subject to a
- Waffle House within the City Limits of Anderson, SC where the subject exited
- the victim's vehicle.
- The victim did not receive any known physical injuries.
- A joint investigation involving the Clemson City Police Department, Anderson
- County Sheriffs Office, and the Anderson City Police Department led to the
- development of a suspect and warrants being obtained by the Clemson City Police
- The suspect, a BIM, by the name of Dwayne Curry; DOB: March 07, 197 I; height
- = 5ft-09in; weight = approximately 1701bs.
- Warrants have been issued for the arrest of Dwayne Curry on the charges of;
- Kidnapping, Possession of a Weapon by a Convicted Felon, and Attempted
- Armed Robbery.
- If you have information concerning the whereabouts of Dwayne Curry you are
- encouraged to call the Clemson City Police Department or Detective James
- Peppers at 864-624-2000. Person with information can remain anonymous.