Clemson City Police
1198 Tiger Blvd
Clemson, SC 29631
Email Crime Tip Line
Ph: (864) 624-2000
Fx: (864) 653-2043
Burglary First Degree
· On October 4th, 2015 Clemson Police Department officers responded to a Burglary on North Clemson Avenue inside the city.
· Four men described as wearing dark clothing and ski masks entered a residence, three were armed with handguns.
· One of the four stayed on the main floor of the residence as the others forced entry into individual bedrooms on the second floor.
· The residents fought back against the suspects ultimately causing them to flee the scene. Shots were fired inside the home by the suspects, no one was injured.
· Investigators were quickly able to identify one suspect by witness descriptions, located that suspect at his home in Greenville, and warrants were issued for his arrest the next day.
· The subsequent investigation resulted in six (6) suspects being charged with various offenses.
· Charged are:
· Jeffrey Douglas Atchison, B/M, 22, of Mauldin for Burglary 1st Degree and Assault and Battery 3d
· Powers Mcallister Ward, W/M, 20, of Simpsonville for Accessory to a Felony
· Robinson Enriquez Garcia, H/M, 20, of Greenville for Burglary 1st Degree, Armed Robbery, Kidnapping, and Possession of a Firearm During the Commission of a Violent Crime
· Austin Blake Owens, W/M, 21, of Mauldin for Burglary 1st Degree, Armed Robbery, Kidnapping, and Possession of a Firearm During the Commission of a Violent Crime
· Brett Harrell Sutherlin, W/M, 20, of Simpsonville for Accessory to a Felony
· Joseph Emerson Thomas III, W/M, 26, of Greenville for Burglary 1st Degree, Armed Robbery, Kidnapping, and Possession of a Firearm During the Commission of a Violent Crime
· Five (5) of the suspects have been arrested; Atchison released on $16,000 Surety Bond, Ward released on $15,000 Surety Bond, Garcia is incarcerated at Pickens County Detention Center, Owens released on $30,000 Surety Bond, Sutherlin released on $15,000 Surety Bond
· Clemson Officers are still searching for Joseph Emerson Thomas III. Anyone with information on the whereabouts of Thomas is asked to contact Detective Mike Arflin of the Clemson City Police Department, 864-624-2008.
UPDATED (11/09/2015): Joseph Emerson Thomas III turned himself in to Clemson City Police Department in the early morning hours today. He is currently in custody awaiting a bond hearing.
Follow us on Twitter @ClemsonCityPD