Joint City University Advisory Board (JCUAB)
Memorandum of Understanding and Mission Statement
The JCUAB was successfully created in 1985 for the purpose of improving the quality of life in the Clemson community. It is the expressed desire of both Clemson University and the City of Clemson to build on the positive relationship historically present between the parties.
The JCUAB shall be the official body of representatives responsible for:
· strengthening the relationship between the City of Clemson and Clemson University
· strengthening relationships for the Clemson area and University communities
· initiating solutions in implementing partnership initiatives
· preparing an annual budget with expenses shared equally between the City of Clemson and Clemson University
The JCUAB is an advisory board. Its mission shall be to identify issues of mutual concern while maintaining open and transparent communications with all relevant parties and departments within both the City and the University. The issues will typically involve but are not limited to:
- Planning and land use
- Student housing
- Growth in enrollment and its impact on the community at large
- Area transportation and parking
- Security and public safety
- Public works and utilities
- Fiscal responsibility and impact
Once identified and agreed upon by the JCUAB, in consultation with the Mayor and President of the University, the issues shall be researched jointly with any proposed solutions presented to the respective governing or administrative officials. The consideration of any proposed solution will always be in the context of mutual benefit. Proposed solutions are not binding on either party but must be approved separately as appropriate.
The JCUAB exists to create the highest degree of collaboration between the City of Clemson and Clemson University. This will always involve open, honest and cooperative communications between all parties, The JCUAB shall always be an organization striving to support each other in our individual and mutual goals and objectives.