In order to keep persons informed of the status and communications regarding the Duke Energy electric substation facilities near Highway 76 and Pendleton Road, the following information is available:
1. City of Clemson: Letter from City Council to President Clements. Click here to read this letter.
2. Clemson University: Letter from President Clements to Clemson City Council. Click here to read this response.
3. Duke Energy: Letter from Duke Energy SC President Kodwo Ghartey-Tagoe to Mayor Cook. Click here to read this letter.
4. Recent meter reading chart of Electric Magnetic Field (EMF) measurements at the Summey St. electric substation (near the BiLo Shopping center on Highway 93). Click here to view this document.
5. Duke Energy has a page on their website detailing the project and providing contact information. At the bottom of that page are a variety of documents, including renderings of the proposed substation and information regarding Electric and Magnetic Fields (EMF). Click here to visit this webpage.
The Clemson City Council will continue to provide updates on this subject when additional information is available.