Abernathy Boardwalk Re-decking
The City of Clemson is seeking volunteers willing to donate a few hours (or days) of their time to restore the boardwalks of the Larry W. Abernathy Waterfront Park. Positions are available for a variety of skill levels and abilities, and lunch and commemorative t-shirts will be provided to volunteers. (Please note, for those signing up after Friday, March 2nd, you may not receive your t-shirt at registration.)
March 19th – March 24th, 2018
(Clemson University’s 2018 Spring Break)
8am - 12pm and/or 1pm - 5pm
Due to the rebuild effort, Abernathy Park will be closed March 15th through March 25th.
Before signing up, please note:
- Volunteers must be 16 years of age or older.
- All volunteers (or a parent/guardian for those under 18) are required to read and sign a release form before beginning their shift.
- To operate the saw, you must be at least 18 years old.
- All safety equipment and tools will be provided. You must wear closed toed shoes (work boots if possible) and are STRONGLY encouraged to wear long pants and long sleeves. (We understand that the weather in March can be unpredictable, but given the nature of the work you will be doing and the environment you will be working in, covered extremities provide better protection.)
- Volunteers wishing to work the same shift(s) and/or same position are strongly encouraged to sign up at the same time as the number of positions for each day are limited.
- When signing up, if the position you prefer is unavailable for a given shift, please check if that position is available during a different shift or day of the week.
For more information, please contact Lindsey Newton
at 864-653-2030 or email@example.com