CITY OF CLEMSON
NEW REGULATIONS FOR
CURBSIDE RECYCLING PROGRAM AND DROP OFF CENTER
DUE TO THE DROP OF MARKET PRICE
If we don’t change the way we recycle, the buyer will charge $65.00 per ton to Pickens County. This fee will be passed down to the municipality.
The City of Clemson curbside recycling program accepts the following items:
Because of space limitations on the trucks, cardboard can be picked up curbside by work order only on Friday afternoon. Or taken to our drop off center.
- Glass- brown, green and clear.
- Cans – aluminum and steel cans
- Newspaper- mixed paper, cash receipts, computer paper, ledger paper, envelopes, fax paper, inserts and junk mail cereal boxes.
- Plastic - # 1-2 ONLY (Which is on the bottom of the container). Plastic Milk jugs and soft drink bottles.
Used Motor Oil
Used motor oil is accepted at curbside the same day of your garbage collection. Please place container beside your roll cart. Please keep outside of container clean. Make sure lids are secure always prevent spillage.
Non-Acceptable Materials for CURBSIDE PICKUP:
Note: We do have a drop-off center for these materials at our grinding facility, located at 1155 Old Central Rd Central, SC.
- Motor oil bottles, chemical bottles, and pesticide bottles which may be throw in with household garbage.
- Milk Cartons Poly – coated, wax paper, hard back books, tin foil, burnt paper, food contaminated paper, plastic cup, plates & utensils, food wraps, carbon paper, computer ribbons, plastic grocery bags.
Not Acceptable At All
- Anti-Freeze, gasoline, kerosene, diesel, paint or thinner, water, brake fluid, transmission fluid or other contaminants or solvents.
- Oil containers are the property of the City of Clemson.
For more information on recycling,
Please contact City of Clemson Public Works Department: